Free Online Tutorials
Reusable Learning Tutorials
I am also available to creates RLO tutorials (Reusable Learning Object). RLO's are multi-media files designed to help people learn what is usually a small chunk of material and is stand-alone application ( usually just requires flash player, free to download). Please click HERE to access an example of the full stand alone RLO I have created, any subject matter can be used in an RLO. Other examples are below, please click back on the toolbar to return to this page.
Hardware & Software
Computer Tower Components
Desktop Tower Quiz
Components of a Computer:
This tutorial created from a template by the University of Nottingham is another example of an RLO, please use the Menu on the reusable learning object to navigate it and click back on the browser toolbar to return to this page.
Other RLO's can be accessed from this website or here .
Internet Safety Tips
List of Useful Online Tutorials
Just click back on the browser toolbar to return to this page if your browser does not support new tabs otherwise it should open a new tab just close the new tab to return to this page.
As i receive more and more tutorials links I have this website created to keep all the useful tips and tutorials in the one place ( kerryvolunteertutors.weebly.com).
Lisa Richards, a contributing writer for Mapcon.com also send me on a very detailed article that will made a nice addition to this page A Senior's Guide to Using Computers and Software. A lot of stuff might go over our heads but still very useful to know with some great tips, much appreciated guys for your input.
77 Windows 7 Tips Plenty of help and tips to be found here...
MindFlash Easy Online Training Computer Skills Training Resources.
Martha's Web. Help for Windows and More
Excel Blog for Beginners : Each topic get thoroughly explained, in an easy-to-understand manner. All of their content is free and up to date.
Windows 8.1 Better. Five Places to Learn How to Use it better.
Skillful Seniors. Learn the basics mouse skills! You need these skills to work on any computer program
Mousing around tutorials on how to use the computer mouse
More Mouse Tutorials tutorials on how to use emails etc
Jan's illustrated Computer Literacy 101 An easy to follow step by step tutorial from win XP to Windows 7
GCF Computer Basics to Intermediate with interactive activities
Basic Tutorials for new computer users
Windows tutorials for PC users with a little more experience
Meganga.com providing free basic computer training for beginners with online video computer lessons and computer courses for Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and How to use Excel
How Can I Support My Tech-Challenged Loved Ones Without Going Insane?
Windows Basics: all topics applies to Windows vista. Also has info on Windows 8.
Pinterest Boards Computers for Beginners and Seniors
Excel Tutorials on the net. Free easy to follow tutorial (Introduction, Basics, Functions and Data Analysis) teaches you how to use Excel.
Makeuseof Home » The Internet » Top 8 Websites To Help Senior Citizens Obtain Basic Internet And Computer Skills
GCF learnFree.org Learning Source.all topics including computers with an introduction to the new Windows 8.
Free up-to Windows 7 Computer tutorials, for Beginner and Senior Users
Yorkshire & Humber Libraries Online Learning a) anyone new to computers b) anyone looking for good quality, reliable information websites
GrassRootsDesign A Learner's Guide to the Computer
Computer quiz questions with answers
Home & Learn.free computer courses and tutorials site. All the courses are aimed at complete beginners
WebWise. making the most of being online...
Senior's Guide to ComputersHome, Accessibility, Audio, Backup your Data, Basics, Email, Glossary, Hardware, Internet, Resources, Security, Software.
TypingWeb.comLearn to Type Free Lessons, Games & Certifications
5 Free Sites for Learning How to Type Get started today and you can be an expert at typing in no time.
Skillful Seniors.Touch typing To learn, practice, and improve your speed of touch typing
Internet Services Deals. Tutorial: How To Use Emails
Technology Skills. Getting the most out of Office & other tutorials using print screens
InPictures. Computer tutorials based on pictures, not words.
Baycon Group. provides tutorials on a growing list of computer-related topics
Think Tutorials, from Office 2007, Social Media to communication tools
Earlier Microsoft Tutorials with downloadable word docs.
Free Online Courses and Certification: Will need to register.
How to Not Get Lost in Windows 8: The Best Shortcuts and Tricks.
Windows 8-Beginners Tutorial Video Part 1: Start Screen & Charm Bar.
Windows 8-Beginners Tutorial Video Part 2: Quick Access Menu.
This site streams short, useful videos covering hundreds of topics:
Free PDF to Excel app for your ipad or iphone. Also converts Gmail attachments and files from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive.
Best Free Trojan Horse Scanning And Removal Software: Some might only be trials but no harm to try them, might solve your issues.
Best Free Microsoft Downloads
Microsoft provide a collection of free software that is definitely worth checking out.
Publish and Manage Online Newsletters for Friends and Family! Although TinyLetter is designed for sending stuff to friends and family, there's no reason why you coundn't use it for keeping your business's customers up to date too. Either way, its's free to use, and no software to download.
WordHippo: tells you the meaning and also finds synonyms, antonyms, words that rhyme with it, sentences containing it, other words starting or ending with it, its etymology, and much more..
The free Dictionary by Farlex: has the option of breaking up the
words in to Syllableswith an American and English pronunciation and you can customise the website to your own liking and save it.
Online English Dictionaries: This list includes Dictionary.com which is useful as it breaks the words up in to Syllables and it also provides a pronunciation of the words, but in an American accent. The Cambridge Dictionary does not breaks the words up into Syllables but has the option of an English or an American accent when pronouncing the words
Free eBook to Download:
Five Things that Every Windows PC Owner Must Do. Some essential computer tasks that we all know we ought to do but often don’t can be found at this website: Gizmos, along with loads of other software and hardware tips for PC users.
Microsoft Office Tutorials
- Worksheet Depot, , a resource centre for students studying computer applications as part of a Basic computer, an Information and Communication Technology (ICT), or ECDL course. This eLearning site contains video tutorials, simulations, quizzes, blog posts and worksheets that will help you with your studies.
- Quick View Help PDF Sheets on Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint etc. printable.
- The Microsoft Office suite is an essential collection of desktop applications that includes Word for documents, Excel for spreadsheets, PowerPoint for presentations, Access for databases, and much more. Choose your version of Microsoft Office to begin learning today!
- Earlier Microsoft Tutorials with downloadable word docs.
- You can use this free online tutorial to learn Microsoft Word 2007.
- Microsoft Word 2007 to 2013 This is a full and free computer course for Microsoft Word 2007 to 2013. It is designed for complete beginners.
- Outlook 2007 training courses and tutorials.
- How to Set Up Outlook 2007 for Windows to Send and Receive Email (Wizard). Or use the tutorial in this website: Setting up Microsoft Outlook to check your mail.
- Word 2007 is the word processing software in the Microsoft 2007 Office suite that allows you to easily create a variety of professional-looking documents using features such as themes, styles, and SmartArt.
- Microsoft Access 2013 is a relational database application in the Microsoft 2013 Office suite that lets you enter, manage and run reports on large amounts of data.
- You can use this free online tutorial to learn Microsoft Access 2007
- Free templates for Microsoft Office..
can be found here.
How to create a new Gmail account,
Need to setup or bring in a 2nd Gmail account into your Thunderbird desktop email check out this website.
Be sure to keep your antivirus updated on your PC. Uninstall previous Antivirus before putting on a new antivirus. Lanpcs would recommend the free version of Avast.
Only select the free version. Another good free antivirus option is free version of AVG
Free PC cleaning program: CCleaner here, removes unused files from your system Just left click on "Run Cleaner" button when it starts up, Close when finished. CCleaner can also uninstall a program you no longer use on your PC under Tools
There is also a version for Mac: CClearner for Mac OS X .. .
Six free Microsoft Office alternatives
Avoid the cost of Microsoft Office with six of the best free Office replacements for Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Free Office: ( Windows) includes word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics which contain all the most important features from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The program is malware-free according to VirusTotal and Web of Trust.
- OpenOffice: ( Windows & Macs) OpenOffice includes programs for word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and graphics, so can be used as an everyday Microsoft Office replacement. It can open and save Microsoft Office formats, and can be used for business, student and home use.
- LibreOffice :( Windows & Macs)LibreOffice is a powerful collection of word processing, spreadsheet, drawing, presentation and mathematics tools. It’s great for professional work – and its interface makes it simple to create professional-looking documents such as brochures, letters and presentations. It is fully compatible with Microsoft Office files, and you can download special extensions and templates to extend its features even further.
- WPS Office: (Windows, iOS, Android) Fancy editing and creating documents on your iPad or Android tablet? WPS Office is a mobile alternative to Microsoft Office, and it’s free. It includes word processing, presentation and spreadsheet tools, and allows you to open, edit, create and save both Microsoft Office and Google Doc compatible documents. It’s a tiny app size, so doesn’t take up much storage, and includes PDF tools to boot.
- Google Docs: ( Windows & Macs) Not a full-fledged alternative to Microsoft Office, this free collection of writing, presentation and spreadsheet tools can be accessed from a web browser from any computer, provided you’ve a free Google account. The tools are basic, but it supports the ability to save in Microsoft Office formats. You’ll need to be connected to the internet to use Google Docs, however.
- iWork: ( Mac only) Not to be left out, Apple includes a series of powerful Microsoft Office alternative tools with every new Mac. They include word processing (Pages), spreadsheet (Numbers) and presentation (Keynote) applications. All can open and save Microsoft Office documents, include a great range of tools for even professional use, and you can open and edit documents on your Mac, iPad and iPhone .
- FocusWriter is a distraction free word processor: Remember when a word processor was like a computerised typewriter? When the screen was mostly empty, so you could get on with your writing without being continually distracted? And when there was loads of space for your text?
- TypingWeb.com: Learn to Type with Free Lessons, Games & Certifications
- Skillful Seniors.Touch typing To learn, practice, and improve your speed of touch typing
- GCFlearnFree Typing: Learn to Type with Free Lessons. Click on Launch Activity. Allow time for program to load.
- Typing Tutor, Learn how to use your keyboard in a fun and entertaining way for absolutely free
- 11 free on line typing practices.
- Typing Web: Learn to Type Free to register. Allow time for the program to load.
- Online free typing: Select the lesson on the right and click on Start.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: This document is devoted to using the keyboard instead of the mouse to perform tasks within applications.
- What are the F1 through F12 keys? Here's a quick roundup of what F1 through F12 do. I use F2 the most to rename files, and now I know what all the others do. Useful information for keyboard aficionados.
- Getting the most out of your windows Keyboard